Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Vermont... home.

I'm in Vermont. I love Vermont. Home. I flew to Hartford on Saturday, my sister and her family picked me up at the airport, and we drove to Vermont, to my parents home, where we celebrated my Dad's 70th birthday. His birthday was actually yesterday, but fun to celebrate when Susie and her family were here too.

I've been helping my mother in recent days with her new computer... a laptop. We're talking basics, as well more advanced stuff like photo editing. It's been quite good for my ego, making me falsely feel like a Mac Genius. "Falsely" being the key word there. Still, it's fun, and fun to see my mother learn some computer stuff.


Saturday afternoon, Susie (my oldest sister) and I took a walk up the mountain from my parents' home, just enjoying the woods, the sunny day, the gorgeous weather, etc. Two of these photos are from that walk (the fern, and the barbed wire "crown of thorns").

That evening before dinner, I painted Bennett's, face.. like a tiger. Bennett is my four-year old nephew, and he was a riot.... crawling on his hands and knees, growling at everyone, "scaring" us. I finally asked the "tiger" where Bennett was. He looked at me, pointed to his face with both his hands, and said, "I'm here-- inside!"

Sunday we attended one of my favorite churches in the world: Windham Congregational Church. Favorite because I spent several years there as a youngster, and favorite because it's so Windham.. quaint, small.. country church. In the fall/winter/early spring they hold their services downstairs in the fellowship hall/town library.. because the upstairs sanctuary isn't heated. So the 20-25 of us sat in a circle of hardback wooden chairs, balancing hymnals, bibles, bulletins on our laps, while participating in the worship service. I love Windham.

Now Mom and I are at the Twilight Tea Lounge in Brattleboro, which has free wireless internet with a purchase of tea. Mom's working on her blog, I'm checking email and working on my blog, enjoying the tea lounge atmosphere. And enjoying Mom's discovery of the internet! Really! It's pretty fun..

Tomorrow I return to Madison. It'll be good to see Jim, Shogo, Wich, Abby and Entropy.. But I'll miss being with my parents and Tessa here in Vermont. Until next time!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I missed hearing from you!
Love to you both ~ Lyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home