Thursday, April 20, 2006

I thought I was cool....

but this title probably reveals how un-cool I am, because I doubt "cool" is even a cool word anymore!

Last week I chatted online with my niece (almost 16 yrs old) in Thailand for the first time. I was so impressed--with chatting, with my niece, with myself. I thought, late as I was, I had finally moved into this day and age.. I have a blog, I've learned to chat. I'm so cool I can hardly stand it.

This morning I talked with my brother-in-law, father to my niece.. I told him I had chatted with my niece the other night, and it was fun. He laughed, and said yeah, she reported at breakfast the next day, that she had chatted with me, then she added, "Obviously Aunt Cathy is new to chatting!" :)

I guess I'm not as cool as I thought I was. But I'm learning. I've asked my niece and 13-yr old nephew to help me with the chatting lingo.. we'll see what happens. They're patient, to say the least!

I'm still impressed with this day and age where I can chat--as new as I am to it--with my nieces and nephews in Thailand, where I can learn more about their lives than before last week when I depended on their very busy parents to fill me in... I'm loving it, even if I have a lot to learn.

Now it's time to return to something my nieces and nephews would probably not find cool--writing a sermon.

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 21, 2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Yeah, that'll be the day! One never knows...

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 12:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never cool, I went straight for geek and have been one ever since. The trick is by being proud of it, people think my geekiness is post-cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home