Saturday, May 13, 2006

La Jolla Seals




Last weekend I was in San Diego for a Board meeting. My friend Heidi came down and met me after my meeting. I hadn't seen Heidi in 7 years, so it was great to reconnect. Makes me realize again how lucky I am to have good friends. Heidi and I laughed, shopped, and drove (ok, Heidi drove, I rode) around San Diego and vicinity. We ate lunch at the Hotel del Coronado--which wasn't as expensive as it sounds. And we had an incredible view. After lunch, we went to La Jolla to see the seals. This one seal, pictured here, cracked us up. Every few minutes or so he'd take one of his fins and flip sand onto his back. No other seal was doing this, but the crowd enjoyed watching him. It was incredibly relaxing to watch these seals, to sit by the ocean, to smell ocean salt, and bask in the sun-even if the weather was still cool. I love San Diego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home