Tuesday, June 27, 2006

One of those days.. and I'm just going to complain.

Actually, it wasn't so horrible. The worst part is that I wasted so much time. My intentions were good.. Starting around 3 pm, I began my project to compare online photo labs: Woodmans, Walgreens, Walmart, Target... My favorite so far has been Walgreens, but I heard a rumor that other places are now cheaper, so thought I'd do a little experiment. My experiment ended up taking me until 9:00 pm... and no comparisons yet. (Granted, while photos were uploading I was working on other things around the house, since we have company coming for dinner tomorrow..) Between the 9 photos I chose taking forEVER to upload onto the Walgreens competitors' websites, and my computer giving me some photo issues.. I was very frustrated.

I gave up on Walmart, I placed an order with Target, I placed an order with Woodmans (which took an hour to place!).. I went to pick up my Target pix, they were great.. I went to pick up Woodmans pix... oops.. they had closed 7 minutes before I got there. The lady was sympathetic to my exasperated face, and offered to look anyhow. Then she asked, "when did you send them in?" I said, "a couple of hours ago." "Oh", she said.. "it takes a couple of days." A couple of days!!! What kind of modern day photo lab takes a couple of days? We'll find out what kind in a couple of days when I return to pick up my photos. Maybe they'll be good, maybe not. Regardless, I probably won't use them again, because I'm an impatient photo client. (But I like Woodmans as a grocery store!)

In the meantime, I've been trying to print photos to put in albums to send to the Ordonez family and also to Pasquala, the potter. I placed my trusty Walgreens order last night--60-something photos, which included some doubles, one for Ordonez', one for Pasquala, etc... This afternoon I went to pick them up in the midst of photo uploading exasperation... only to find out that every single one of my photos was horrible! The print quality was horrendous. So much for Walgreens being trusty. Ugh. I returned... they asked me to send the order again. I did. They called, and said it was still bad. I went in with my CD's, and showed them that in reality, the photos I submitted for printing, are quite good quality. The guy agreed. He's puzzled. I'm puzzled.. the CD's show something different than their computer.. so.. tomorrow I return to try a different tactic: printing them from their machine directly instead of from an online order.

Ugh. Have I mentioned how exasperating this day has been? It's nothing, I know, compared to poverty, homelessness, heart disease, not having food for tomorrow, etc.. I shouldn't even complain. Heck, it's nothing compared with what I have been through in life.. infertility, fibromyalgia, adoption blues, etc... maybe it's just nice for me to be frustrated about something simple for a change, instead of the big issues of life. I don't know. Regardless, I'm frustrated and exasperated.

Then, to make matters worse... my new Covenant Point sweatshirt which I still haven't worn, has stains on it that won't come out. (If you click on the photo, enlarging it, you'll see the white spots on my CPBC sweatshirt...and spots are more visible in reality than in photo. Any suggestions?) I've tried two different stain removal products... so far no success. So as I threw it in the dryer tonight, giving up on stain removal.. I noticed.. the hood string is lost in the hood. So sometime I get to work on that project. But not tonight. Now, I'm going to bed, before I touch anything else and it goes wrong today! And before I continue complaining about such petty things.

p.s... I didn't get to bed soon enough. Abby, our dog, just peed on her bed... and, Amazon.com just emailed to tell me that the order I placed earlier this evening (software for church) cannot be processed, due to incorrect payment info. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 07, 2006 3:31:00 PM, Blogger matthew said...

Hi Cathy,

I've been so busy these last two weeks, I haven't kept up with your blog. While they may not necessarily be the fastest or the cheapest (though I just don't know since I've never used anyone else before), I've been very happy with the Camera Company. They are local business with three (I think) locations. The online uploading is really fast and easy, and the prints came out very well (in my uninformed opinion). In summary, I'm very satisfied with them. Plus, you're supporting local business! =)

-Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home