Sunday, July 09, 2006

Progress?

At least today. After yesterday's post where I mentioned tearing up in church songs, I found today's service kind of funny for me in that respect- no tears! I loved it. Finally. Let's hope this progress lasts.

More progress... the Cubs won! three games in a row! Unbelievable. Yeah, Cubs!

I'm in Grand Rapids, at the Prince Conference Center (Calvin College/Seminary), all checked into my room. This evening's drive from Chicagoland into Michigan was gorgeous. Evening sky with pink bursts of sunshine backed by purples and blues... and later a brilliant orange moon. Kris, if you're reading this, I waved to your exit, and thought of you as I passed by.

Tomorrow I begin the Preaching workshop, called "Preacher's Oasis". Hopefully it will live up to its name. In the meantime, as much as I already miss home, I'm happy to be here.

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 10, 2006 7:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I'm glad you made it safely through Chicagoland. Karin and I were driving home last night while the sun was setting and remarked that it must be almost a perfect 10 Sunset at the lakehouse.(There are no perfect sunsets - only close)
Have a wonderful week.
Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home