Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Clergy and Crackerjacks

I've said it before, but now I know it's true: we have the best District Clergy group. I don't want to start any competition, so if you think you have a better one than Wisconsin/Libertyville, IL, go ahead and think that. I'm all for loyalty to one's District Clergy group. For those who don't know, in our denomination-the Covenant- clergy are encouraged to gather for prayer/support/Bible study, etc.. based on geographical regions. Our group was supposed to be part of a larger one in Illinois, but several years ago they began meeting as a smaller, geographically closer group: Wisconsin, and Dwight, from Libertyville, IL. I have no idea what other District Clergy groups do together besides prayer and study, but I love ours.

Last night we went to the Milwaukee Brewers/Colorado Rockies baseball game. Steve from Brat City brought peanuts and crackerjacks to share... thanks, Steve! Though we were spread out in one row, making it difficult to talk to everyone, and hard to get a good photo.. it was fun to be there together. The Brewers won the game... The Polish Sausage won the Sausage race...(I always root for the Brat, though next year I may have to cheer for the new Chorizo, we'll see), my headache disappeared thanks to someone giving me some good meds, and the weather was beautiful. Sitting in our row, we looked out and saw the baseball field.. and in the distance, through the glass wall of Miller Park, we saw part of the Milwaukee skyline, sun tinting the windows and everything.

Great night.. can't wait until next summer's Brewers' game!

Check out Steve's blog to read what he has to say about Game night.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Momofkae said...

I LOVE your sausage race photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home