Friday, August 18, 2006

Goings on

I'm tired. Jim's tired. Is anybody not tired?

I finished my infertility article, and sent it for potential publication. We'll see what happens. It was both helpful and extremely painful to write it. But I'm glad I did, regardless of outcome.

We have had lots of company in the past week. Mom, Dad, and Tessa stopped by Saturday afternoon/overnight. I wish we had more time together, but was so grateful they could come to church with us. And I'm so glad they're rickety camper has now made it home to Vermont!

Mark, Fred, and Nikolas dropped in for about half an hour-good to see them.

Dawn, Andrew, and Althea-their 11-month old Chinese daughter-stopped by Sunday night/Monday. It was great to hang with them, meet Althea, and get excited about Chinese adoption.

Wednesday night, three college/grad students-Brenda, Ulrika and Michelle- came over for hot tub and conversation, only we never made it to the hot tub. We laughed, heard stories of camp and CBC Ecuador, saw some pictures, and had a good time.

VBS was fun, tiring, more exciting than I thought it would be. Just when you think, "This really isn't worth it anymore".. we get more kids than we expected. Abby even got to be the "lion" in "Daniel and the Lion's Den" on Tuesday night. What a good pastors' dog! Hopefully VBS at Arbor won't just be a four-evening service, but will extend beyond this week. Next week we'll send notes to the kids who attended...

Had our frozen embryo transfer worked last November, we'd have a newborn right now. Kind of grieving that this week. It doesn't help to hear of newborns-and preprations for newborns- in others' lives.

I've started jogging. Or, as Jim calls it, "Slow-trotting". I actually jog for a block, then walk for a few blocks. Then jog for a block. Only now I've worked up to jogging for two and sometimes even three blocks. Ha. Who'd have ever thought I'd be jogging? I guess I'm desperate, and my Pilates hasn't been as easy to access since we rearranged downstairs. I like this "jogging" attempt, because it's at night when nobody can see me... and I can come home and shower, and go to bed. My fibromyalgia has been affected, no doubt. But for now, it's worth it. We'll see how long I continue.

And, speaking of bed, it's time..Tomorrow I get up early, we're going to the Farmer's Market, then I'll be writing my sermon for much of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home