Thursday, May 25, 2006

Humbled

This is the second time in a week that I've forgotten an appointment..both of which I was looking forward to. Last week at least it was both Jim and me who forgot. Today it was just me. I completely spaced out. Unbelievable. I guess it's a reminder that I'm doing a bit too much these days, and that I desperately need the vacation that's soon approaching. Of course it could be something totally different, like memory problems actually creeping in. But I'll settle for being overwhelmed. Today's humbling experience of forgetting-my-second-appointment-in-a-week also reminds me that grace abounds. Today's appointment was with a couple, and the guy said to me, "Everybody deserves a little grace sometimes." Thank you! Now I need to be so kind next time I get stood up by someone who's overwhelmed....or losing their memory.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I have been told that these memory lapeses are called intellectual pauses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home